Thursday, April 12, 2012

Wicked Magic Update

I have been hard at work writing Wicked Magic: A Weeping Willow Novel.

The story is based on a dream I had that stood with me, haunting me. So, I decided to write about it. However, there have been a few hold ups. After I started writing, my pacing seemed wrong. With the short stories, something happened every minute, because I had to fit a lot of information in a small amount of words. Remember that Weeping Willow Shorts were only intended to showcase my writing style to potential readers. I never intended to make a novel.

So, when I started writing the novel, something was off. I had to give over a few chapters to my editor, Susan, for review so that she could explain what was off. I had to put my writing on hold for a short while, but she didn't find anything wrong with the flow.

The pacing of the short is really fast, but then again it was a short story. Not a novel. Anyway, I got used to that frantic pace of the short. It basically became the signature of the shorts. With the novel, the passing is longer, but the tricky thing is not to lose the feel of the original shorts. It has been tricky, but now, I am developing a flow.

This novel is darker than the shorts, because it is based upon a nightmare I had. Without giving too much away, there will be creatures from other realms that make their presence known. I was inspired by Dante's Inferno and the idea of combining it with my dream. This book will take off where the other one left off so the shorts must be read before attempting to read this novel.

I am really excited to get this one out. I hope everyone like it. I don't know if anymore Willow novels will be in my future, but I am sure all of my readers will get back to me with input about that.

So, I am back on track with my schedule. I am hoping to release it by Late May/Early June. Then I will begin work of, Malcontent: A Restraint Novel, the last of the Restraint Trilogy.


One chapter of WICKED MAGIC can be read at FEEDBOOKS where I have posted a chapter preview.

No comments:

Post a Comment