Monday, November 17, 2014

What is Wicked Love?

So, I should start off by saying that... when I finish the second half of the chapter I am currently working on, I will have five more chapters left to write in this installment of the Weeping Willow Series.  A number of themes are prominent in this novel and jump out at you in various times during the journey; love, time, salvation, sin, redemption, loss, sacrifice, etc.

Ultimately, it is redemption through repentance which is key in this story, not time as the blurb would suggest.  There is a call to change that Nalin has been woken up to.  He doesn't remember key moments in his life that made him seek to change, but he is driven by a series of events to recall those instances where he reflected on his own salvation.  There is a touch of acknowledgement that true love is a sacrifice of self and he is willing to sacrifice his life for the one he loves.  I hope that translates when you read this novel.

I am working hard to finish this novel and haven't been writing blog posts as often as I hoped.  My focus is finishing up what is remaining to get started on the next.  I hope to finish this novel by the end of the month so that I can edit and publish it in December.  We'll see.


Why is the book called Wicked Love?
Well, Nalin is basically watching his lost love commit wicked acts which he is unable to stop.  Nalin, although he is called to help Willow by an unseen force within him, doesn't know exactly how to help her and is forced to put his own life in jeopardy to save her.

Who is more wicked, Willow or Nalin?
Both Nalin and Willow have done bad things in their lives that need to be rectified.  No one's hands are clean.  Both have been condemned by others.  Nalin in his battle for immortality and his quest to create life outside of the natural order.  Willow's sin was not in being born, because that was beyond her control.  But her birth made her a curious creature, and her own actions will be foretold in the book.

Is Nalin the only one in need of change?
No.  Everyone in the story will become unhinged in some ways.  Characters that were once voices of reason... like Rosalyn, will seem unable to control their conflicting emotions.  Characters that were dark, like Daphne, may come to see the errors in their ways to a certain degree.  Even Nalin, who is consumed by blood lust, will have to exert some control in order to seek help.  But, for Nalin, the first step to real change is knowing that there is a problem and asking for help.


I hope you all love this book as I do.  There are a lot of recollections that will take you back to the first stories.  For some, this will evoke the need to read them over again.  I want to thank all of those who have posted reviews on Barnes and Noble for the short stories.  Yes, I know they are short; hence, short stories, but your love of the characters made me realize that there was more to tell about Nalin and Willow's world.  And a special thank you to those who have read the stories multiple times!  Wow!  I am always surprised when people read my work and find it interesting, but to read it multiple times, that is just the best compliment.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment